Hive app not working
Users of the Hive app are saying that their home heating apps no longer function, for no apparent reason.
It appears that the weird outage began on Wednesday morning.
Why isn’t my Hive app working?
The app reported a problem connecting, so that’s what we know about the outage.
Users can often control things like their home’s lighting and heating from their phones using the Hive app.
Users who were displeased posted their grievances on Twitter and the outage monitor DownDetector. “The app is not working,” a user who was upset wrote. No one is picking up the phone, and chat is offline. The Hive Home app is broken, as another owner of a trapped Hive tweeted.
However, as the adage goes, manually turning on heaters and thermostats is like turning on an 80s CD. This morning, customers were unable to control their heaters because the Hive smart home app was down. Users of the Hive app may frequently use their cellphones to manage the central heating and lighting in their homes.
Also Read: How to make money on cash app in minutes
The hive first reported the problems just before nine in the morning. It stated on its website that it was experiencing a technical issue. We’re working on it. The bulk of users won’t be affected by voice integrations or manual controls.
What should I do if Hive is not functioning?
There are a few quick fixes you can attempt if you’re experiencing issues with your Hive products. The steps are as follows:
- To view the status of the Hive app and website, visit our service status page at status.hivehome.ie.
- Verify the functionality of your broadband connection.
- Verify that your Hive hub is turned on and plugged into a power outlet.
- Verify that any Signal Boosters (formerly known as SmartPlugs) you have are turned on and placed where they are advised.
- Verify that your devices are plugged into a mains power outlet and that the outlet is turned on OR that the batteries are still functional. Consult our user instructions for assistance replacing the batteries.
- For Hive Active Plugs, make sure the electrical appliance is turned on before plugging it in.
- Only for Hive Active Heating, make sure the thermostat’s display is displaying the current room temperature. Your thermostat has lost its wireless connection to your receiver if it displays “NO RF” or “No Signal,” in which case you should get in touch with us. You can turn off the thermostat in the interim and manually adjust your heating and hot water if necessary. See this video for further details.
Email us at email@example.com or call our Technical Support team at 01 6110 189 if you’re still having trouble. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (webchat only).
Additionally, users have expressed concern about social media outages. Is Hive down this morning, Philip Crowe tweeted? The heating control website cannot be accessed, and the iPhone and Android apps are not available.
The Hive app recently ceased functioning, Kirsten Riley continued. Even after reloading the app, I still received the “oops, something went wrong” warning. I tried calling, but it appears that your phone lines are also down. no ringtone at all! What’s happening here?
Also Read: Cash app free money glitch
According to Hive, most consumers should still be able to utilize voice commands like Alexa to regulate their heating through their thermostats.
How do I reset my Hive app?
Try the following steps to reset your Hive app:
- Open the Hive app on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon (usually three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “Reset”.
- Confirm that you want to reset the app by tapping on “Reset” again.
This should erase all of the app’s saved data and return the app to its factory settings. Remember that doing this will remove all of the data you have saved in the app, including your login credentials and any accounts you may have created.
Is Hive down right now?
Hive Home is up and running now. In the last 24 hours there was 1 outages.
Why is Hive offline?
Your Hive Light may have been manually turned off from the existing light switch on the wall or lamp if it appears offline in the Hive app or online dashboard. It is not capable of being remotely controlled after being turned off at the wall switch or lamp light switch.
Can you use Hive without app?
If your Hive receiver is already in schedule mode, your thermostat will continue to follow your programmed schedule and maintain your chosen temperature as long as it doesn’t display a red status light. The thermostat itself allows for manual setting adjustments as well.
Why can’t I log into my Hive app?
Close the Hive Social app completely before attempting to reopen it. Do this first while also closing any other background apps or programs that may be active. Check for system and app updates – To check for Hive Social app updates, go to the app store on your smartphone.
Why has Hive closed?
Hive, a subsidiary of British Gas’s parent firm Centrica, says it has decided to stop producing its security and leak detection sensors in order to concentrate on developing goods that are more environmentally friendly and further the UK’s “net zero” goal.
Has Hive been hacked?
Since Elon Musk took over Twitter, Hive Social, a social networking platform, has grown rapidly. However, on Wednesday, the service was unexpectedly terminated after a security alert warned that the website was rife with flaws that may disclose any data kept in user accounts.
Can Hive work without Internet?
Will my Hive products still function if my broadband is disabled or no longer available? Your heating will continue to operate thanks to Hive Active Heating. You can manually adjust your warmth using your thermostat until your broadband connection is restored.
Does Hive app work on Android?
Your device must be running Android 4.4 or higher in order to download the Hive App from the Google Play Store, but for the best experience, we advise Android 6.0 or higher.